There are no stupid questions... (seasonal shoot)

  • aelric_southlake
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2013
      ...just stupid people who ask them...

      OK, so if I understand this correctly, one makes a target as laid out by Sir Jon, then takes it to the range, sets it up at 20 yards, and does the shoot as described... and then submits one's score to the appropriate party?

      What I'm not getting is whether or not witnesses must be present. Or is this intended to be done at specified events?

      We're game, just confused.

      ~ Aelric, West K.
    • John Edgerton
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2013
        The general SSAC rules do not require a witness or witnesses be present for the shooting.  A specific shoot could however require a witness if the designer of the shoot wants one.

        It has always been my opinion that much of the Society works on a honor system and that archery should also.

        Jon

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2013
          Excellent. Thank you. I'll try to make up some of those targets this weekend.

          ~ A
        • Taslen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2013
            Jon,

            Just to confirm then a marshal does not have to be present correct?

            Gaelen

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2013
              Not unless your kingdom's rules require it.  However, an approved marshal will need to send the score in to the SCA Scores Site.