Re: [SCA-Archery] Steel prod delivery from Alchem Inc

  • David Keil
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2012
      Unfortunately this is very common.
      Usually if you get delivery 2 months late your are lucky as a friend who used to use their products for his crossbow bodies found out.  Another archer had to get a replacement prod from them and that was five months late.  He had ordered a spare and that's been over six months and still no prod.
      About the only way to get them to deliver is to "ride herd" and realize the interpretation of "I'll get it in the mail this week" means "You're going to be waiting at least another month."
      That said they make a good product and if a mistake is made they correct it.

      Evrard de Valogne,
      Order of the grey Goose Shaft
      An Tir

      On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Frank Schalles <francisschalles@...> wrote:

      Greetings Archers!

      Does anyone have any information about the slow delivery of steel prods from Alchem Inc of Euclid OH?
      I ordered a 3316 prod on 31 October and followed up 4 weeks ago and James Koch replied that it would ship
      in about a week.

      I was wondering if anyone had any info about them. Did something happen to the company? I heard they
      were slow, and I was OK with that. But I am having a bad feeling now that I am not getting a reply from
      them.

      Anyone?

      Francois de Lions,
      Ansteorra

    • stalek@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 30, 2012

        I purchased a steel prod, string and bow irons (stirrup) from them a couple of years ago. It took almost 3 months before it was delivered. I got the impression that they built the prods periodically and didn't necessarily keep them in stock.

        Eoin

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 30, 2012
          It's helpful if you ask: "What do you have in stock" and order from what they do. Otherwise, yes, it might be 6 months before they have enough orders to justify another run of te exact prod model you were wanting.

          On Dec 30, 2012, at 3:32 PM, stalek@... wrote:

[...]

        • Susan Carroll-Clark
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 30, 2012
            Greetings--

            Our experiences with Alchem are similar.  If they don't have things in stock it can take awhile for new stock to be manufactured.  We've never had them not deliver on an order, but we have had it take a few months.

            Nicolaa

            On 30/12/2012 3:50 PM, Siegfried wrote:
            It's helpful if you ask: "What do you have in stock" and order from what they do. Otherwise, yes, it might be 6 months before they have enough orders to justify another run of te exact prod model you were wanting.

          • Frank Schalles
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 31, 2012
              To ALL,

              I guess the take away from this conversation is that Alchem delivers, but they take their time.
              For the sake of customer relations this should be in their ordering form information.
              Thanks for all the input.

              Francois

              --
              Change is a function of the Universe, embrace it.
            • Doug Copley