Re: [SCA-Archery] SSAC

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 24, 2012

      From: Caterina Fortuna <cat4tuna@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, December 24, 2012 8:16:33 AM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] SSAC

      As I read through the proposed upcoming shoots, I'm surprised that only 2 are able to be shot at 20 yards. So I'd have to pick from the popinjay and the roundel sextet shoots.

      This is a reason for more archers with ideas for SSAC's to send them in so there will be a greater variety of competitions at all distances for the next season.

      Jon

      I'm having issues trying to understand how to mount the 3/4" thick wooden bird in front of the target. Our indoor winter range is only 20 yards due to insurance and has a concrete floor. There are portable foam backings (4' x 4' x 6") available that could work if we stuff the perch in the top. I'm unclear on how to mount the bird with out damaging one's arrows.

      Right now, I'm liking the roundel.
      Cat
      An Tir

    • James Koch
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 22, 2014
        Jon Et Al,

        Thanks for the quick response.  What were the rules for that shoot?

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

        >At 07:11 PM 9/22/2014, you wrote:

        Lucky target.

        On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 3:24 PM, James Koch alchem@... [SCA-Archery] < SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        John Et Al,

        What was the name of the target/shoot consisting of a large square
        divided like tic-tac-toe into nine smaller squares numbered 1 through
        9? We have been shooting that lately just for fun.

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

        --
        In service to the dream

        Baron Jon Thomme