Re: [SCA-Archery] The Mary Rose

  • James of the Lake
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 7, 2012
      Amazon has a Spain website <http://www.amazon.es/> you could check out if you do read some spanish.  Be careful that you do not buy a book that is the spanish translation of one written originally and still available in english, though!

      [I have the same problem with heraldry books, but you earn to get around in them with the aid of a (language)/english dictionary) and the fact that some of the jargon specific to heraldry is familiar and repetitive.]

      James

      On Dec 7, 2012, at 8:32 PM, John Edgerton wrote:

      If you are trying to find books on a specific country's archery history, you are most likely going to have to be able to read the language of that country, for not that much is translated into English.  I have a few books on crossbows in German, Polish and Russian.  I can look at the pictures, but I can not read the text. I have one each on Indian and Chinese archery which are in English. If you can read Spanish, try a search, in Spanish, for ... Spain archery medieval, you might find some leads.

      Jon