Re: [SCA-Archery] Roundel target

  • Caterina Fortuna
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2012

      Where did you find this information? Is there more info on reflex deflex and recurves in use in the Italian city states?
      Cat

      > In Italy, at that time, recurves were fairly common in illustrations due to the trade and wars with the near East.

    • John Edgerton
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 26, 2012
        Mostly from viewing various period illustrations.  The "martyrdom of St, Sebastian" is as good topic to Google for images.
        I do not remember at this time which of my archery history books this was mentioned in, except that it was due to trade with the neighboring  arab states and the Italian cities wars with them.

        Jon

        Where did you find this information? Is there more info on reflex deflex and recurves in use in the Italian city states?
        Cat

        > In Italy, at that time, recurves were fairly common in illustrations due to the trade and wars with the near East.

      • Ken Dolphin
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 26, 2012
          Google the funeral of saint ursula.

          KOS