Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: PVC crossbow

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2012
      Since it is 100 pounds at 16 inches of draw which is 1,600 inch pounds it wound not be legal. And even if he (The Back Yard Bowyer) meant 16 inches from the back of the prod, that would be around 12 inches of draw(1,200 ip) and would still not be legal.

      The use of PVC bows or prods for combat archery is, I believe, still not settled. I think that if covered in fiberglass and duct tape they would be safe.  However , t could be used for target archery.

      Jon

      On Nov 18, 2012, at 1:40 PM, JonH wrote:

      Great step by step guide, would this PVC crossbow be sca list legal for combat archery?