Re: [SCA-Archery] Sammy The Wonder Bow

  • James of the Lake
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2012

      On Oct 29, 2012, at 5:16 AM, Caley wrote:

      Yes, I saw the Sage on the web site when I was searching for the 66. Nice
      bow! I decided to stick with the 66, though, since it was the one suggested.
      After doing archery on and off since high school in the mid 70's, I can
      safely say this is the best bow I've ever used, much less owned.

      Once I get my gauntlets and gorget, watch out! ;)

      Caley
      P.S. I use Sammy for both target and CA archery.

      Good to see some pleased comments on Samick Sports bows!  They seem to be in the niche now where PSA was a few years ago. We visited an archery shop in Lancaster, CA, this PM and my Mistress bought a Samick Polaris RH 20# take-down recurve beginners bow ($120 new) for our barony's loaner collection.

      James

      Barony of Naevehjem, Caid
    • Caley
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2012
        > Good to see some pleased comments on Samick Sports bows! They seem to be
        > in the niche now where PSA was a few years ago. We
        > visited an archery shop in Lancaster, CA, this PM and my Mistress bought a
        > Samick Polaris RH 20# take-down recurve beginners bow
        > ($120 new) for our barony's loaner collection.

        It should make a great Newbie loaner bow; no quirks, easy draw, no string
        slap. :)

        Caley