Re: [SCA-Archery] Sammy The Wonder Bow

  • Chris Ivins
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2012
      The Samick Polaris 66 is a great bow, similar to my new Samick Sage, I think the major visible difference is the color/finish of the risers.
      I've been shooting my new bow at indoor and outdoor practices for the last few weeks, with a set of new arrows made by the local shop, and my scores have already been improving. I had been using a 'loaner' PSE Qptima, which was a very good bow, and using some of our Barony's loaner arrows which made finding a set aim point a challenge. The Optima was great to use, but then the opportunity to use it stopped, and I had a chance to get my LH Samick Sage, and I can't see using another bow. Samick also made the bows used by the Korean National Archery Team at the Olympics this Summer.

      - Iurii

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2012
        > The Samick Polaris 66 is a great bow, similar to my new Samick Sage, I
        > think the major visible difference is the color/finish of the risers.
        > I've been shooting my new bow at indoor and outdoor practices for the last
        > few weeks, with a set of new arrows made by the local shop, > and my
        > scores have already been improving. I had been using a 'loaner' PSE
        > Qptima, which was a very good bow, and using some of our > Barony's loaner
        > arrows which made finding a set aim point a challenge. The Optima was
        > great to use, but then the opportunity to use it
        > stopped, and I had a chance to get my LH Samick Sage, and I can't see
        > using another bow. Samick also made the bows used by the
        > Korean National Archery Team at the Olympics this Summer.

        Yes, I saw the Sage on the web site when I was searching for the 66. Nice
        bow! I decided to stick with the 66, though, since it was the one suggested.
        After doing archery on and off since high school in the mid 70's, I can
        safely say this is the best bow I've ever used, much less owned.

        Once I get my gauntlets and gorget, watch out! ;)

        Caley
        P.S. I use Sammy for both target and CA archery.
      • James of the Lake
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2012

          On Oct 29, 2012, at 5:16 AM, Caley wrote:

          Yes, I saw the Sage on the web site when I was searching for the 66. Nice
          bow! I decided to stick with the 66, though, since it was the one suggested.
          After doing archery on and off since high school in the mid 70's, I can
          safely say this is the best bow I've ever used, much less owned.

          Once I get my gauntlets and gorget, watch out! ;)

          Caley
          P.S. I use Sammy for both target and CA archery.

          Good to see some pleased comments on Samick Sports bows!  They seem to be in the niche now where PSA was a few years ago. We visited an archery shop in Lancaster, CA, this PM and my Mistress bought a Samick Polaris RH 20# take-down recurve beginners bow ($120 new) for our barony's loaner collection.

          James

          Barony of Naevehjem, Caid
        • Caley
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 29, 2012
            > Good to see some pleased comments on Samick Sports bows! They seem to be
            > in the niche now where PSA was a few years ago. We
            > visited an archery shop in Lancaster, CA, this PM and my Mistress bought a
            > Samick Polaris RH 20# take-down recurve beginners bow
            > ($120 new) for our barony's loaner collection.

            It should make a great Newbie loaner bow; no quirks, easy draw, no string
            slap. :)

            Caley