Re: Agincourt

  • scadougal
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 17 6:50 AM
      Here's the event website:

      http://www.mysite1952.co.uk/azincourt2015/

      Hope to see whoever else can make it.

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Dougale MacAlestyr <scadougal@...> wrote:

      > Yes Sir Jon.
      >
      > There's a Compaine of us going to Agincourt, France, for the shoot itself.
      > There are some requirements.  I'll dig up the link to the event.
      >
      > -Dougale

    • William Davis
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 17 7:48 AM
        At the East Kingdom, King's and Queen's Archery Championship this year, we had one, fixed target, life size "charging knight", at 100 yards.  6 arrows each.  Not many hits for the number of arrows launched, but it was an impressive sight at the first "Loose", with about 30 archers on the line.

        Gwilym

        From: John Edgerton <sirjon1@...>
        Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:54:53 -0700 (PDT)
        Subject: [SCA-Archery] Agincourt

        October 25 is the anniversary of the battle of Agincourt.  And 2015 is the 600 anniversary (1415) of the battle.  Is anyone planning any event for this year in honor of the battle? And of more importance, is anyone planning anything to commemorate the 600 year anniversary? It would seem that this is something we archers might consider doing. And two years is enough lead time to do it.

        Jon

      • John Edgerton
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 17 8:53 AM
          Thank you.  Please post that link.

          Jon

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 17 9:11 AM

            It's worth noting that the 'Big Shoot' is NOT taking place on the actual date in October.

            In an attempt to get as many warbow shooters as possible it is being held on July 25, 2015, on the battlefield in France.

            There are specifications for bows, arrows, kit, and dress. It requires a high level of periodicity, but it promises to be an absolute blast :)
            Aengus O'Nolan