Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Getting back into traditional archery.

  • Oscar Van Loveren 000724 recon
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2012
      Nock and tip different angle. Most of the hand tools have
      both. Think 2 in one pencil sharpener.

      On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 09:41:41 -0400
      Sean Powell <sean14powell@...> wrote:
      > Frode,
      >
      > Hmmm. Question I didn't know I needed to know. Is a nock
      > sharpening tool
      > the same as the tip sharpener or is it a seperate tool?
      > and if seperate,
      > does it come in different sizes like the tip sharpeners?
      >
      > Oscar,
      >
      > Also, thanks for the advice to downgrade in poundage. I
      > know my bow is
      > overkill for SCA sport and I may play with my wifes lower
      > weight horse-bow
      > for a time but a re-curve isn't appropriate for my
      > persona (hell, I should
      > be trampling my own Genoese crossbowmen to kill the
      > archers not using a
      > bow) but I also like the feel in my hands. Most other
      > bows have a 'thwip'
      > sound where as mine makes a beautiful 'thrunk' when it
      > drives into a
      > target. I also can't afford to replace much gear, hence
      > reconditioning old
      > arrows by scavanging tips and setting them on the better
      > surviving shafts.
      >
      > Sean/Symon
      >
      > On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM, frode_kettilsson
      > <anthonyspangler@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > That should read, "You'll probably need to *give* the
      > ends a couple of
      > > twists with the nock sharpening tool"...

      http://www.nni.com/
    • Fritz
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2012
        When willied0296@... put fingers to keys it was 10/2/12 10:11 AM...

        > I concur with Francois; the 3 pack from 3 Rivers is a good deal. They
        > are nice because they can be easily carried in your pouch (presuming you
        > have one), along with a small bottle of super glue, for quick and easy
        > field repairs (again, presuming you carry extra points and/or nocks with
        > you. I do, along with needle nose pliers and a Swiss Army Knife, or a
        > multitool).
        >
        > Gwilym
        > Barony Beyond the Mountain

        And a lighter and a candle. For getting the old ones off.

        --
        Fritz
        Aut inveniam viam aut faciam.