Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Great Western War. Target Archery?

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 21 10:24 AM
      Will there be something other than hay bales to stop crossbow bolts, so that the bolts  do not disappear into the bale?

      What are the general rules for target archery at GWW.  Do archers from other kingdoms have to authorize with the Caidian rules?

      Jon

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 23 7:40 PM
        I will be bringing some cardboard backing I believe will stop the bolts from disappearing.

        Yes, we will be requireing a on site authorization.
        3 questions, verbal, and maybe a quick shoot or speed round.
        This is only to be sure everyone understands How we run the range and is safe.
        In Service
        Ihon MacLucas
        CAID Minister of Archers
        aka Steve Casort
      • Caterina Fortuna
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 24 6:12 PM

          Out of curiosity, what do you do with people who don't pass?
          Who is in charge of the archers camp? Or more specifically, who would i contact in advance to see if we may camp with them?
          Cat

        • Jessica E Baas
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 24 7:37 PM
            If you don't pass, you're referred back to the book and tested again once you've worked with a Range Marshal to work out whatever the issue was. I don't think we've actually had someone not pass since the current form of authorization came into place a few years ago.

            The archer's camp was on the list for land allocation. It's close to the range and typically has lots of empty space in/near it. I'm not sure who's listed as camp master this year, but if you go to the camp closest to the range that will be them. If there's not someone on the range, they're probably at the range.

            Unfortunately, I'm unable to attend this year, so I don't know as much as I normally would.

            Christina
            Past Minister of Archers, Caid

            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 24 8:14 PM
              You say they are referred "... back to the book...". Does this mean that out of kingdom archers are shown a copy of the Caid archery rules to read before they are tested?

              Jon

              Out of curiosity, what do you do with people who don't pass?
              Who is in charge of the archers camp? Or more specifically, who would i contact in advance to see if we may camp with them?
              Cat

            • James of the Lake

                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 25 7:34 AM
                  We have never had a problem with room in "archers" camp.
                  I will be arriving on Tuesday and can help you with picking a spot to camp,
                  I will like having company in the camp area!
                  So , see you there!

                  In Service
                  Ihon MacLucas
                  CAID Minister of Archers