Re: [SCA-Archery] archer garb?

  • Angus
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 1, 2000
      >Ki of Weatherhill (Silver Hammer for research in Saxon jewelry)
      >
      >PS - The last I heard, Vikings started their well-known raids somewhere
      >around 900 AD, which puts them contemporary with middle to *late*
      >Anglo-Saxon culture.

      IIRC the first recorded raid dates back to 782 or if it was 789. Can't recall where it was recorded though. The heart says Lindisfarne but the brain disagrees somewhat on that.

      /Angus.

      ==
      The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.
      -- Voltaire

      Get your own mando cool and totally free email@... address at http://freemail.iamawitch.com today!
    • Karl W. Evoy
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 3, 2000
        I can't agree with you more, though I also favor morning battles.
        Ancel