Al Re: Has any one actually been hurt ? was: Archery Safety

  • Jeffrey Krug
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28 12:03 PM
      Hello all,
      I have had a least two arrows break apart on release in the few years that I have been shooting in the SCA. All due to nicks from other arrows that were acquired the day of the arrow separation. One was less then two ends after explaining to someone that they should inspect their arrow every time they are pulled. I had forgot to inspect my arrows because I was answering a question. No excuses.
      I took a gouge our of my bow hand from an arrow that split when I was a kid.

      All of these wood arrow incidents makes one wonder if we should switch to aluminum arrows  for safety sake.

      Has anyone heard about incidents with aluminum arrows?

      I do not shoot aluminum's at this time.

      Should the aluminum question be s seperate thread?
      Thank you in advance for your input
      Jeff