Re: [sca-archery]: Quiver question

  • Karl Sandhoff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 1999
      I've been buried by mundane matters and have been letting my mail slide.
      I am sorry to hear that the lists are moving. Macsen, I hope you are not
      leaving us entirely, just moving to another level of participation.
      Thank you for providing this forum and all your efforts. May you be
      assured that even though we may have disagreed on some points, you have
      never been considered less than a scholar and a gentleman and I, for one,
      appreciate your viewpoints. Thank you again and may you have great
      success and happiness in all your future endeavors.
      Carolus von Eulenhorst

      On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:32:27 -0600 "Deann E. Allen" <dallen@...>
      writes:
      >Bob & Nancy Upson wrote:
      >>
      >> So long and thanks for all the fish.
      >
      >Macsen, I'm sorry you've gotten burned out. I have appreciated
      >the conversations, the infomation exchange and comradery that you
      >have made possible by hosting this list. Thank you very much.
      >Should I ever manage to get out to Pennsic, again, you will be
      >most welcome at my camp. :)
      >
      >For those worried about spam on Onelist -- I have been subscribed
      >to another list by that service for more than a year and spam has
      >been practically nonexistent. All instances have been from cross-
      >posting by unauthorized persons.
      >
      >D.
      >--
      >100% pure, Grade A, American Mutt caffeine!
      >ALL WYVERN HALL SCA LISTS ARE MOVING TO ONELIST.COM
      >CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS WILL BE TRANSFERRED AUTOMATICALLY
      >YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN IT IS TIME TO SWITCH OVER
      >
      >Copyright (C) 1999 Wyvern Hall. All rights reserved.

    • Karl Sandhoff
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
        I'm going to throw this out just to see what the reaction is. I have
        made and routinely use a leg quiver strapped to my left calf (right, I'm
        one of those 'sinister' archers). This quiver is, as far as I know,
        unique and of my own design. It is far from period. I have had many
        archers come up and show an interest, however. It works, is made of
        period materials, with period techniques. I don't care about the "it's
        got to be documented" folks and I have long delayed plans for a period
        bow but my current recurve shoots well and finances have to be allocated
        to priorities. Period apperance is important to me but not as much as
        developing skills and knowledge. Unfortunately, archery is only one of
        my SCA interests so I have to divide my resources. Regardless, I'm
        having fun, learning, and hopefully teaching what I have learned.
        In service to the dream and archery,
        Carolus von Eulenhorst

        On Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:53:47 -0500 "j'lynn yeates" <jyeates@...>
        writes:
        >> snip<
        >
        >in this case, ie. a "quiver" ... if you make it, you like it, it holds
        >your arrows
        >properly, dosn't dump them on the ground too often ... it is a correct
        >quiver
        >for *you* no matter what the PC (period-correct) crowd have to say
        >about it.
        >the real objective here is the enjoyment practical *archery* not some
        >narrow academic abstraction ...
        >
        >personally, when i shoot i usually tend to prefer back quivers as they
        >keep
        >my arrows up and out of the way of things when moving around on foot
        >snip<

      • Mike O'Toole
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 1999
          Golly, go away for a couple of weeks, take in Clinton War and return to find
          all kinds of shite disturbed.

          I have read through a large number of the responses to this thread but just
          can't wait any longer to reply to this: