Re: [SCA-Archery] Great Western War

  • JonThomme De Claydon
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 16 8:29 AM
      Greetings!
      I have the archery schedule here. The thrown weapons range has the luxury of being closer to the camping, while the archery is in a dry wash.
      You dont need to be authorized to play just to compete. There are many opportunities to shoot novelties. You should read the book and authorize at the event!

      Archery Schedule For GWW XV

      Thursday Oct. 4

      9-10 AM Archery Authorizations

      10-12 AM Open Practice

      12 noon Break for lunch Range closed till 1pm

      1pm- 3pm Moving Target Practice

      3-5pm  Royal Rounds for fun and Rank

      5pm range closed

      Friday Oct. 5

      9-10 AM Archery Authorizations

      10-12 AM Royal Rounds for fun and Rank

      12 noon Break for lunch Range closed till 1pm

      1pm- 3pm archery form training and class open to all

      3-5pm  Moving Target Competition

      5pm Range closed

      Friday Night Oct. 5

      7-9 PM Night Clout with glow sticks

      9pm Range closed

      Saturday Oct. 6

      9-10 AM Archery Authorizations

      10-12 AM Moving Target Competition

      12 noon Break for lunch Range closed till 1pm

      1pm- 3pm Youth Competition

      3-5pm  open for Challenges and Competitions

      5pm Range closed

      Sunday Oct. 6

      9-10 AM Open Practice

      10-12 AM Royal Rounds12 noon closed for volunteer breakdown and clean up

      On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:44 AM, Caterina Fortuna <cat4tuna@...> wrote:

      Salutations!
      Have any of you been to Great Western War? For those, that have, what is the archery and thrown weapons ranges like? Are their rules different from An Tir? We don't  require archers to be authorized to shoot, just to marshal.
      Are there novelty shoots, tournaments, royal rounds, ikac, or any classes?
      Yes, I did go to the website.

      Cat

      --
      In service to the dream

      Baron Jon Thomme

      Gold is for the mistress
      Silver for the maid
      R. Kipling
    • Caterina Fortuna
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 7, 2012

        It was awesome!
        Thanks for the chance to expand our archery family. Surviving this heat made us stronger. Lol
        We are having fun in Caid. It was fun shooting with so many new friends. The moving target was a blast. Ingenious, too.

        I slept thru the coon fry that lit up the pavilion like it was noon. Charred and smoking, it fell from the night sky. I feel a song coming on... Nope. Just a yawn.
        Caterina Fortuna and Dmitrii Luchnikov
        AnTir