Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Horse bow question

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 43 , Aug 6 5:17 PM
      I think that "Horsebows", one word, is the brand name for Lajos bows.
      Horse bows like short bows or long bows is a general class of bows.

      Jon

      Message 43 of 43 , Aug 12 5:35 PM
        Gentlemen & Ladies,

        One of my crossbow customers just contacted me with a question I
        can't properly answer. He is building a crossbow and wants to know
        the minimum weight bolt he should use. He didn't specify a draw
        weight. No doubt this will vary depending on the prod composition,
        mass, and draw weight. I was wondering if there is such a formula,
        and if so where I might find it.

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"