Re: [SCA-Archery] Horse bow question

  • Ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 43 , Aug 3, 2012
      greetings

      for the  ansteorran royal round , at least, ( other kingdoms unknown ) fiberglass is all it takes to remove something from the " period " list.
      ansteorra has very strict definitions of what does and does not qualify as " period equipment ".
      although you could still shoot the horse bow in the "open " division .
      the ikac is more forgiving in that it allows modern replacement materials, ie, fiberglass in place of horn.

      that help ? ; )

      Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
      Arthur

      Message 43 of 43 , Aug 12, 2012
        Gentlemen & Ladies,

        One of my crossbow customers just contacted me with a question I
        can't properly answer. He is building a crossbow and wants to know
        the minimum weight bolt he should use. He didn't specify a draw
        weight. No doubt this will vary depending on the prod composition,
        mass, and draw weight. I was wondering if there is such a formula,
        and if so where I might find it.

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"