Re: [SCA-Archery] An Introduction

  • JonThomme De Claydon
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 1, 2012
      I will reinforce what Rudaidri has said,
      30-35 pound draw is all you need but should be worked up to from a lower poundage.
      I love the Samick SLB 50 horsebow, with a 30lb draw weight. A shooter in my barony has this and it's my favorite bow to shoot. It just works well. It will be the first brand new bow  I will ever buy. It is ambidextrous so your left-handedness will not matter.
      I bought the first LH bow I found on Craigs list and lucked on to a good shooting and collectable bow for $55.
      Haunt CL and you can find LH bows there.

      In service to the dream

      Baron Jon Thomme

      Gold is for the mistress
      Silver for the maid