Fabulous guide on range construction

  • saethryth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2012
      One question that comes up when asking public park facilities for practice and event space is, how much space is needed? A new guide published this week by the Archery Trade Association has quite a few suggestions, such as showing how a range can be set up on a tennis court, or adjacent to a baseball field. Lots and lots of diagrams and photos.

      This is a great tool to be able to give to public officials when lobbying for public target archery and roving ranges. Here is the link:

      http://www.archerytrade.org/images/documents/ArcheryParkGuide/ATA-Archery-Park-Guide-Final.pdf

      Our barony has not been shy about approaching local park authorities and in volunteering with their summer youth archery programs, which started for the first time last summer. It does require that we get mundane certification, but it has improved our SCA marshaling and instruction. We are hoping to build up enough community demand for 100-yard ranges so we can do York rounds.

      Anyways, check out the guide.