Re: [SCA-Archery] Peer-reviewed article on safety of recreational archery

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2012
      Thank you Saethryth

      This is very useful information. Everyone should print up a copy of the article and save it to present to the powers-that-be when needed.

      Jon

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2012
        This is a paper about injuries to participants. In general local parks and recreation authorities are more concerned with bystanders accidentally being in places they should not be or arrows accidentally shot in incorrect directions and people being skewered by the arrows. This paper says nothing about those scenarios. This paper may assuage worries about too many ambulance trips but not bystander liability.

        Gryffyd

        To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2012
          Agreed. This article would be very useful for developing a school-based archery program.

          Having our marshals trained and registered through your (a) National Archery Association would be more useful for convincing of setup-safety.

          William

          To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2012
            It will not allow me on the server!  Can someone please send me a copy of this artical?

            In Service
            Ihon MacLucas
            CAID Minister of Archers
            aka Steve Casort
          • saethryth
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
              Since the copyright is owned by the publisher, you'll need to purchase a copy from them through their website. Typically the publisher releases the copyright a year or two after publication, at which time it is available to download for free.