Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery in Combat

  • Taslen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2012
      take notes lots and lots of notes!!!

      Gaelen

      From: richard johnson <rikjohnson39@...>
      To: SCA-archery <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:36 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Archery in Combat

      FYI,
      the Combat Con in Las Vegas is next weekend.
      One of the panels is the following:

      ******
      http://thecombatcon.com/programming/2012-panels/panel-descriptions#ArchCombat
      Archery in Combat
      The English were feared for their powerful longbows, and conventional
      wisdom tells us the English archers provided the keys to victory at
      the Battle of Agincourt. However, archery in combat goes far beyond a
      legion of longbowmen. From close quarter combat to mounted combat,
      the bow has served countless warriors throughout history. This
      presentation will explore the bow from a variety of angles and uses.

      Presented By: Matt Richardson
      Date/Time: Sunday, 2:45 pm

      I'm already reserved, car rented and room reserved.
      If anyone is in Vegas at that time, you can get a day-pass cheap.
      If anyone is there and needs a place to crash, my room is open.

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com