RE: [SCA-Archery] Cowboy Shoots OT

  • Block, Alan W
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2000
      I havent done any cowbow shooting since I started archery.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2000
        Brad,

        I spent most of the summer there after my Sr year in
        High school, 1974.

        Lia

        --- Brad Boda d'Aylward <bradb@...> wrote:
        > I had some great times at that tourist spot when I
        > lived in So.Cal. my jr.
        > and sr. year in high shcool. Up behind the ghost
        > town in the ravines are
        > some old fer real abndoned silver mines which we
        > used to crawl around.
        >
        > The entrance to the Calico silver mine was just west
        > of the campground. Had
        > a big metal plate wielded over the entrance which
        > someone thoughtfully bent
        > down for an entrance crawl space.
        >
        > Great time there.
        >
        > Brad

        http://invites.yahoo.com/
      • Brad Boda d'Aylward

          >Once upon a LONG time ago, I dated soemone who did
          >"re enactment" of a sort at Calico Ghost Town, near
          >Barstow. This was before Knott's took it over. Do
          >you still do the cowboy shoots?
          >
          >Lia, who sometimes misses So Cal
          >
          >--- "Block, Alan W" <Alan.Block@...> wrote:
          >> Weather question) How do you do a day long shoot
          >> target or combat when
          >> you're in triple digit temps before counting heat
          >>
          >> I stay home with a tall pitcher of ice tea.
          >> Actually I had a simmilar problem when I was cowboy
          >> shooting. Here in
          >> Southern Cal it gets really hot in the summer
          >> especially out in Norco where
          >> they hold the cowboy shoots. Cowboys didnt weay
          >> shots or short sleves so
          >> with wool pants, leather chaps, wool vest, long
          >> sleeve shirt and duster, it
          >> got miserable. We used to envy the shooters who
          >> came dressed as Indians.

          >Kick off your party with Yahoo! Invites.
          >http://invites.yahoo.com/
          >

          >Get paid to surf at http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=HOK790
          >
          >This list sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom, SCA
          >[Email to SCA-Archery-unsubscribe@... to leave this list]

        • Walter Cornell
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
            >I havent done any cowbow shooting since I started archery.

            FYI, Calico Ghost Town is now a San Bernardino County Park ...

            Robert of Gresewode

            WCornell@...
            WRCornell@...