Re: [SCA-Archery] collective name for top existing archery orders?

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 7, 2012
      Gentlemen & Ladies,

      The Band Of The Bow, the Secret Sect Of Saint Sebastian,  the Keepers Of The Range, the Archons of Archery Arcania.  I really am fond of alliteration.

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

      >At 07:45 PM 6/7/2012, you wrote:

      Uhhh Bill....

      Or is Gold/Yellow
      Argent is Siler/White

      -Eadric Anstapa, CAO

      On 6/7/2012 1:08 PM, Bill Tait wrote:

      Nice quiver, except that (I recall reading) that there is no evidence of back quivers being period to the SCA. Errol Flynn, yes.

      I know.

      Arc d'Or. It's got ARChery, and Or (white). There is already a treaty in place between Ansteorra and Trimaris.

      William Arwemakere, OGGS

      On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM, otlcp1@... <otlcp1@...> wrote:

      I don't have a problem with the quiver name at all! I think fits quite well i found this quiver design some time ago and it is quite simple.
      http://www3.sympatico.ca/ragiwarmbear/diy/bc/backplan.html
      Kirby Campbell

    • James Koch
      Message 38 of 38 , Jun 11, 2012
        Jon,

        I agree 100%.  A golden bow would be easy to render and would make a nice hat pin.  I know a goldsmith who can cast them in a gold colored bronze or real gold.  She may be able to do it on a ring.  It's easier to render than a bunch of pine trees or a Sagittarius.

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

        >At 11:32 PM 6/11/2012, John Edgerton wrote:

        A common badge without a name change is worth looking into.

        Jon