Re: [SCA-Archery] collective name for top existing archery orders?

  • Bill Tait
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 7 4:54 PM
      Yes yes yes. See the above retraction, correction, and "I made a mistake" post above. Eadric, I'll invite you to the housewarming, just 'cause you care enough to point out my error. :)

      Also, everyone who truly knows me take note. (insert giant font here)

      I was wrong.

      (end giant font)

      :D

      William - got some new letters: OGGS
      (I guess I skipped the omniscient pill this morning)

      On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Scott Mills <b.scott.mills@...> wrote:

      See

      http://www.scabrewer.com/quiver/

      -EA

      On 6/7/2012 1:08 PM, Bill Tait wrote:

      Nice quiver, except that (I recall reading) that there is no evidence of back quivers being period to the SCA. Errol Flynn, yes.

      I know.

      Arc d'Or. It's got ARChery, and Or (white). There is already a treaty in place between Ansteorra and Trimaris.

      William Arwemakere, OGGS

      On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM, otlcp1@... <otlcp1@...> wrote:

      I don't have a problem with the quiver name at all! I think fits quite well i found this quiver design some time ago and it is quite simple.
      http://www3.sympatico.ca/ragiwarmbear/diy/bc/backplan.html
      Kirby Campbell

    • James Koch
      Message 38 of 38 , Jun 11 9:45 PM
        Jon,

        I agree 100%.  A golden bow would be easy to render and would make a nice hat pin.  I know a goldsmith who can cast them in a gold colored bronze or real gold.  She may be able to do it on a ring.  It's easier to render than a bunch of pine trees or a Sagittarius.

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

        >At 11:32 PM 6/11/2012, John Edgerton wrote:

        A common badge without a name change is worth looking into.

        Jon