RE: Sightlly OT - Re: [SCA-Archery] RE:

  • Mark Cipra
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2012

      I find it *relatively* easy to remember passwords by making acronyms out of long book (or cd, or ...) titles like "The Complete Novels of George Orwell, Part One", which becomes "Tcnogopt1". A friend does something similar with easy-to-remember phrases, like his first car: "A big reg 1975 plymouth sedan" = "abr1975Ps".

      I made up both of these - they're not our actual passwords :)

      Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy (Mark Cipra)

      __

      From: Sher M <runa.herd@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 10:28 PM

      Or you can "cheat" like I do, passwords are 1-2 words using numbers in certain places instead of the letter such as a S would be a 5.

      So far I've been lucky.  But then I also have a hidden list of my passwords because they are so weird that even I can't remember them.  Years ago when I had a Dell computer (many many years ago) the Tech told me I needed to 'name' my computer.  I was mad at it so its name was pissant.  Haven't named one since then but the Tech literally burst into laughter and said "I don't think anyone would be able to come up with that name to access your computer".

      Runa

      From: sirjon1@...
      Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 13:25:22 -0700

      Very good advice.

      Thank you

      Jon

      From: John Edgerton <sirjon1@...>
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] RE:
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 2:39 PM

      Sender's account has been placed on moderated status until this is cleared up.

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, group owner