Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Use of optical aids on the archery range

  • Karl W. Evoy
    Message 1 of 43 , Jun 1, 2012
      I don't remmeber the exact date it was codified into the Corpora, but sometime in the mid 80s, or earlier.
      Karl

      Message 43 of 43 , Jun 1, 2012
        M'Lords and Ladies,

        I am relatively new (within the last year) to archery, so forgive any ignorance or naivety on my part, but occasionally I will use a set of binoculars during our practices to help call where an arrow hits at the longer distances so that a fellow archer can refine their aim point, but I do not ever intend to use them for that purpose at an event.
        Also, I am sure some of the Kingdoms will have different guidelines on marks on the bow limbs, but in the An Tir Book of Target, it states,
        "i. Sighting and/or range marks on the limbs or riser are allowed, except in Divisions or competitions that exclude their use."
        In my own practice, I have considered adding tape with simple "hash marks" to figure out the best aim points for the different distances on Royal Rounds, but by using tape, I intend to remove them for ANY event /competition I enter, the marks will be used only for practice, and only to get used to aiming with the loaner bow I am using.

        -Respectfully, and In Service,
                                                          Lord Iurii Levchenich
                                                          Junior Target Archery Marshal-In-Training