Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: The Fourth Peerage

  • Ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 127 , May 8, 2012
      greetings

      something else to think about ,
      with kingdoms relying on the money being made at war , some kingdoms are also increasing the amount of " combat archery " ( as well as ikcac )
      done during their " kingdom archery champion " tourney , at times to the exclusion of target archery .
      would that affect how a kingdoms " masters " were chosen ?
      also things like , do you lose your ranking if you have health issues, and cant shoot any longer ? do you lose your rankings each year if your scores drop for any reason ? ( or if the scoring system changes ? )
      will people only qualify for a masters ranking if they can afford to go to a major war to compete in a tourney ?
      will the master ranking be for the most accurate archer? the most skilled archer ? the best dressed archer ? the archer with the most matching period gear ? the archer that goes to the most wars ?
       the archer with the most logged hours marshaling , or teaching ?
      all of the above ? or some mixture of the above ?

      an old fart that may or may not ever get to compete in top flight competitions again due to arthritis in the spine .
      Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
      Arthur
      Message 127 of 127 , May 9, 2012
        I also would not like to see the number set so high as here in glean
        abhann i think it would be truly hard to get that number of archers at one
        event...its hard enough to get people at weekly practices consistently
        much less 30 people for an event shoot. possibly twenty archers at most.

        Kirby Campbell