Re: [SCA-Archery] "War of the Arrows"

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 24 10:31 PM
      That should read "...but NOT the inside as yet."

      Jon

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 24 10:31 PM
        Hmm, interesting.  Can't say I have seen one like that.  Mine is round with a lip style for the release.  It actually looks like (tough to see though) his ring has a lip very similar to mine.  It's the inside part where the string slips though, which I can't really see.  The block may extend and cover the entire inside of his thumb.

        Would love to find a ring like that.

        -Eógan
        Archery Captain, Shire of Mynydd Seren
        http://www.wix.com/rangersofmynyddseren/archery

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 25 10:14 AM
          In doing a bit more googleing I found several references in reviews to "The Korean Archery Association were consulted throughout the making of this film to make sure the action was accurate."

          So perhaps there may be something to the curving arrow shots.