Re: [SCA-Archery] Hunger games

  • blooney@wi.rr.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 23 4:00 PM
      Both the archery Shops/ranges I frequent in the Milwaukee area tell me they've see a significant increase - more interest in classes, more equipment sales. ANd I've noted the ranges are more crowded. Our local ABC News even had a segment,
      Hunger Games Boosts Archery Interest. Here's the link:

      http://www.wisn.com/Hunger-Games-Boosts-Archery-Interest/-/9374034/10948236/-/1353vvhz/-/index.html

      William of Mann
      Barony of Caer Anterth Maer
      Kingdom of Northshield

      ---- Ronald Klick <osmond_de_berwic@...> wrote:

      =============
      I held my first practice of the season, set up for Youth and Children's IKAC rounds, on Tuesday. One of my first students,
      now age 22 had two younger cousins that wanted to try archery. The day of the shoot, as I was setting up I found out that
      there were now three younger cousins (all girls, ages 12, 9, and 8) and the first words I heard from them was a discussion on
      the movie as they filed down to the range area with gloves and arm guards already on. (my student is efficient) All of the kids
      that shot that day had either seen the movie or the trailers. I think that "Brave" is going to fuel the interest even more!!

      Osmond de Berwic
      Archery Marshal
      Barony of Stonemarche
      East Kingdom