April Board meeting

  • John E
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2012
      Will anyone be able to attend the next board of directors meeting on April 28 in Anaheim, California?

      If, so could you ask the board, face to face when the rapier peerage comes up on
      the agenda, what they intend to do regarding peerage recognition for the other
      non-rattan martial activities. Will they provide recognition in the future? Do
      they intend do have individual peerages for each activity as they are for
      rapier/cut and thrust? Would they consider a combined peerage for missile
      weapons? What needs to be done to have them consider action in the future? What
      they intend to do or not to do has major bearing on what actions we would take
      in the future.

      I know that this has been asked in letters to the board. But, to my knowledge
      no one has had a reply to the questions.

      If you can attend the meeting, please let me know.

      Thank you.

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf,West
    • James Koch
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2012
        Sir Jon,

        In my considered opinion, if anyone should be speaking for the SCA missile weapons community, it ought to be you.  Not only do you have the experience, you are considerably closer to Anaheim than most of us.

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

        >At 12:12 PM 4/18/2012, you wrote:

        Will anyone be able to attend the next board of directors meeting on April 28 in Anaheim, California?

        If, so could you ask the board, face to face when the rapier peerage comes up on
        the agenda, what they intend to do regarding peerage recognition for the other
        non-rattan martial activities. Will they provide recognition in the future? Do
        they intend do have individual peerages for each activity as they are for
        rapier/cut and thrust? Would they consider a combined peerage for missile
        weapons? What needs to be done to have them consider action in the future? What
        they intend to do or not to do has major bearing on what actions we would take
        in the future.

        I know that this has been asked in letters to the board. But, to my knowledge
        no one has had a reply to the questions.

        If you can attend the meeting, please let me know.

        Thank you.

        Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf,West

      • John Edgerton
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2012
          I have asked these questions of the board in letters.  However, I have never received any reply to them. So I hope there may be someone that can ask them face to face.  It would be more difficult to ignore the questions that way, but not impossible for the board.

          If the transmission in my van was not dieing, I would drive the 400 miles down there and ask them myself. The cost of replacing the transmission precludes buying an airline ticket or even a bus ticket and a car rental to attend. I will attend the July board meeting as it is 15 miles from here.

          So, if there is anyone that can attend the meeting, please do so, ask the questions and anything else they would like to have answered and let us know what their response is.  I expect that it would be something to the effect that they could not consider the other NRMA until they see what happens with the rapier/cut and thrust peerage proposal. But, I would still like to attempt to get an official response from them.