Re: [SCA-Archery] Fwd: [sternfeld] Coronation Fighting and Feast - Important Notes

  • brett wilson
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2012
      How much archery is happening?

      From: Cleve Johnson <eadric.of.grenfeld@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com; MidrealmArchery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 3:56 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Fwd: [sternfeld] Coronation Fighting and Feast - Important Notes

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Polly <macgillavrey@...>
      Date: Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM
      To: Sternfeld <sternfeld@yahoogroups.com>, Mid-MOF <mkmof@yahoogroups.com>, mk-pelican@..., mk-landed@yahoogroups.com, bronze_ring <Bronze_Ring@yahoogroups.com>, MiddleYouthMarshal@yahoogroups.com

      We just want to spread a few notes about Coronation.

      1) We do have a large building reserved for fighting, in case of inclement weather, that hasn't been available for our previous events at this site.  So, in case it's raining, don't let it scare off people who want to fight.

      2)For those members of the gallery having trouble finding enough youth to fight, we have a system to share the ones we have.  However, please encourage youth to attend Coronation in the hope that we will have enough for each member of the gallery.

      3) If the weather is nice, please bring your period sunshades for around the list.  There will be some shade for gallery members, but not for their teams. At the request of Their Highnesses, non-period sunshades will not be allowed next to the list.

      4) We are encouraging anyone who wants to eat feast to pre-register using the ACCEPS system.  Our head cook will be looking at pre-registration numbers, the week before the event, and may scale back the feast if pre-sales are low.  Likewise, if the feast is sold out, she may be able to add seats to accommodate more people.  To register online, go here: http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php

      Please forward this widely.

      In service,
      Baroness Moira MacGillavrey
      Barony of Sternfeld
      Mucrines me delectant!..

      --
      Lord Eadric of Grenfeld
      Barony of Sternfeld Archery Captain

    • Jim Pickette
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 17, 2012
        Thrown weapons?

        > We just want to spread a few notes about Coronation.
        >
        > 1) We do have a large building reserved for fighting, in case of inclement weather, that hasn't been available for our previous events at this site.  So, in case it's raining, don't let it scare off people who want to fight.
        >
        > 2)For those members of the gallery having trouble finding enough youth to fight, we have a system to share the ones we have.  However, please encourage youth to attend Coronation in the hope that we will have enough for each member of the gallery.
        >
        > 3) If the weather is nice, please bring your period sunshades for around the list.  There will be some shade for gallery members, but not for their teams. At the request of Their Highnesses, non-period sunshades will not be allowed next to the list.
        >
        > 4) We are encouraging anyone who wants to eat feast to pre-register using the ACCEPS system.  Our head cook will be looking at pre-registration numbers, the week before the event, and may scale back the feast if pre-sales are low.  Likewise, if the feast is sold out, she may be able to add seats to accommodate more people.  To register online, go here: http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php
        >
        > Please forward this widely.
        >

        > In service,
        > Baroness Moira MacGillavrey
        > Barony of Sternfeld
        > Mucrines me delectant!..
        >

        > --
        >
        > Lord Eadric of Grenfeld
        > Barony of Sternfeld Archery Captain
        > AoA
        > Order of the Golden Tower, Award of the Nova, Yeoman
        >  Pandus planto populus mico.
        > (Archers make people quiver.)

      • Dearg Ailfredsson
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 17, 2012
          How much archery will there be?

          In service,
          Lord Úlfr Rauðskeggr (Dearg) AOA CSO CDB
          Fenix Baronial Archery Marshal
          South Oaken Regional Deputy Archery Marshal
          Current Fenix Baronial A&S Champion.
          When you stop challenging yourself, that's as good as you'll ever be. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Leisures_and_Sports/archery-095.gif^#(^ it wasn't me

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 17, 2012
            About an hour and a half in the morning before opening court for populace shooting and TBD after the tournament shooting is done.  Hopefully, there will be time for a couple hours after the tournament.  The populace shoots will be focusing on doing some fun and challenging shoots!

            Eadric

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 17, 2012
              Sorry, no thrown weapons at this one.

              Thrown weapons?