Re: Re: Evidence to support sniping in battle

  • bluecat@neo.rr.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2012
      I agree with Jon.

      What has been described as 'sniping' by most SCA folks is really target selection. In melee and war combat
      your battlefield awareness has to account for any attack, even one at range by a siege weapon or arrow. That
      was normal in the middle ages- just as it was normal to target specific weapon threats, commanders and nobility.

      I know of someone so skilled with a ballista he can place a bolt on a given person at will if they do not move
      once the shot is fired. If you aren't paying attention it will get you, and they are getting you from a range
      the combat arrows can't easily get.

      Dirk Edward of Frisia