Re: Evidence to support sniping in battle

  • Hobbe
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2012
      I'm referring to the arguement that archers only shot in long distance volleys.
      Someone was keeping track of examples to the contrary.
      ~Hobbe

    • bluecat@neo.rr.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2012
        I agree with Jon.

        What has been described as 'sniping' by most SCA folks is really target selection. In melee and war combat
        your battlefield awareness has to account for any attack, even one at range by a siege weapon or arrow. That
        was normal in the middle ages- just as it was normal to target specific weapon threats, commanders and nobility.

        I know of someone so skilled with a ballista he can place a bolt on a given person at will if they do not move
        once the shot is fired. If you aren't paying attention it will get you, and they are getting you from a range
        the combat arrows can't easily get.

        Dirk Edward of Frisia