PRA Fundraising Tourney

  • Amanda
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2012
      Good Evening My Lords and Ladies,

      As many of you became aware earlier this week, the Pasadena Roving Archers (PRA) experienced a theft on Saturday March 24th that had a devastating effect on their youth archery program. For the first time in nearly two decades, the club is unable to offer youth archery classes to the community due to the loss of approximately $3500 worth of youth equipment. In an effort to assist PRA in replacing their youth archery equipment, the Barony of the Angels will be holding a Fundraising Archery Challenge on Sunday May 20, 2012 at Woodley Park in Van Nuys. The event will consist of an arch-a-thon style challenge open to all archers (SCA and general public), a $5 Lunch, and a Raffle. All proceeds for the day will go to PRA. In addition to these activities we will also have Fiber PlayDay and the traveling Scriptorum present. There will be no site fee for the day but all participants attending MUST sign a wavier. Also all archers are encouraged to obtain sponsors. This event will allow the barony to not only give back to the community, but also to showcase what the SCA is about. However, in order for this day to be of the utmost success we will need all the volunteers that we can get to assist with the organization and running of the event. If you can assist in any way whether it is in volunteering for one of the positions below or donating raffle or food items please contact me at midnight_bluestar@....

      Volunteers Needed:

      2 Volunteers to Run Parking

      2 Volunteers to take Pictures

      2 Volunteers to sit at the Gate/Wavier Table

      2 Volunteers to run List

      As Many Archery Marshals As Possible

      If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. There will be fliers and sponsor forms available at Picnic in the Park, Tuesday Night Fighter Practice, Archery practices, and at the next counsel meeting.

      Yours in Service

      Lady Mairghread nicChlurain
    • ygrainek
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2012
        That's an awful blow, but I'm glad a fun event is in the works to raise funds to replace the equipment.

        I'm on the "right" coast, so cannot attend, but I will make a contribution via their website. (www.rovingarchers.com)

        Ygraine

        (Baroness Ygraine of Kellswood, OL & OP, East Kingdom Archery Scorekeeper)