Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 3855

  • Bill Tait
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2012
      On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Steven Casort <ihon_macl@...> wrote:

      To the gentleman who seems to want FITA rules, This is NOT FITA. We have in place safty rules that have worked for at least 15 years.  If you are so afraid for the archers safty, why do most kingdoms not have authorizations for the onle lice steel activity in the SCA?

      I'm Sorry but I am trying to grow archery, not restrict it.

      In Service
      Ihon MacLucas
      CAID Minister of Archers
      aka Steve Casort

      Pardon me for correcting you, but target archery is not the "only live steel activity" in the SCA. Thrown weapons, rapier and cut & thrust all use steel. Granted, rapier and C&T are blunted, but it's still steel.

      Oh, and regarding the wearing of shoes, I'm for it. As long as archers keep missing the targets, arrows will get kicked or stepped on.

      William Arwemakere