Re: [SCA-Archery] xbow rules?

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 13, 2012
      I believe you have missed my point John. My point was that this is no
      different than handbow people deciding between a 80lb shelfless bow for
      flatter trajectory & accuracy, or a 25lb bow w/ a shelf for speed.

      Each has their advantages & disadvantages. Each will be better for
      different types of shoots.

      The crossbowman who takes 1 minute per shot to prepare, may (or may not)
      win a competition at an event that happens to be all about 1 shot
      accuracy. I've been at those. (I've also been at those where the
      handbow guy won).

      Currently, at least in Atlantia, our marshals have gotten very very very
      very good, at designing days full of shooting that highly balance the
      'accuracy' vs 'speed' approaches, regardless of whether due to bow
      choice or otherwise.

      I highly approve of this approach, so that I can shoot with my friends
      and enjoy a day at the range, with good hearted ribbing between the
      crossbow & handbow & accurate vs speedy folks regardless.

      It's part of what makes SCA Archery so precious to me. Attempting to
      'separate out' the 2 crossbowmen who have decided to do a mechanical
      assist shoot for whatever reason, into their own thing ... doesn't serve
      that 'one big archery community' mentality that we have, at least in
      Atlantia.

      Siegfried