Re: [SCA-Archery]examples- was Re: The Fourth Peerage?

  • James of the Lake
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6 2:46 PM
      And usually those Laurels that were created for martial art-related efforts apparently were for teaching, researching and making museum-quality weapon artifacts rather than prowess per se' in using such weapons (or their modern equivalents). Research on period fighting forms has similarly been rewarded. Further, it seems to me that if you are after a Laurel, you really need to play the "Laurel's game" -- winning acclaim by entering your work in major A&S competitions along with acceptable documentation, not by simply "making stuff". And contributing to Society publications certainly wouldn't hurt.

      Likewise-related Pelicans have been created for service to archery (and probably other weapon-related forms), but here one is rewarded by the body of word and its benefit to one or more levels of Society, but the specifics are not announced.

      All the bestowed peerage councils take service into account, as far as I know. The Pelican candidate's body of work is usually broader and less specific to any one endeavor. Also, the Peer-like qualities and other details spelled out in Corpora are looked at.

      James of the Lake, OP -- passable Herald, mediocre archer
      Caid