Re: the Real 4th Peerage

  • Dan Stratton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2012
      "Potential New Peerage Exploratory Committee

      Based on input from the Census results, as well as an examination of the breadth and depth of participation across the Known World and the unique subculture, ethos, and goals it has developed within the Society, the Board of Directors intends to explore the possibility of creating a new peerage to recognize as peers those participants who meet the general requirements for a patent of arms and who demonstrate prowess in Rapier / Cut and Thrust Combat. As this would potentially be the first additional peerage for the SCA in many decades, input and feedback from the Known World throughout the exploratory process is essential.

      The SCA’s Board of Directors is seeking individuals interested in participating in an Exploratory Committee focused on developing a set of options for potential implementation of a new peerage for Rapier Combat and/or Cut and Thrust Combat.  ..."

      Well the rumor Was True!
      Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
      Midrealm Forester - OP
      "- bows of carved wood strong for use, with well-seasoned strings of hemp, and arrows sharp-pointed whizzing in flight."