Bowyer's knot

  • Cleve Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2012
      Can anyone tell me if it is safe and SCA legal to shoot a bow strung with a bowyer's knot?  Thank you in advance.

      --
      Lord Eadric of Grenfeld
      Barony of Sternfeld Archery Captain

    • obsidian@raex.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2012
        Greetings

        Yes, they are safe and, yes, they are SCA -legal: vide http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/docs/t_archery/target_archery_rules.pdf

        Cordially;
        Bn. Nigel FitzMaurice, former Midrealm AG

        --
        "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
        -
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2012
          I have been using a Bowyer's Knot for about five years and have only had one slip, that is because it wasn't a Bowyers Knot, it was something else that slipped as the was got hot.  They do get a little ratty looking , but that doesn't hurt anything.

          Ld. Eduard deWitte,
          Order of the Kings Missiliers, Atlantian
          Order of the Yeoman of the Sacred Stone,
          House Askoldsson