Re: The Fourth Peerage?

  • Wolfgang Starck
    Message 1 of 224 , Mar 2 5:51 AM
      Just for the other side, I've also seen it trotted out by people who don't spend a fraction of the time at practice that I do. When I out score someone who has only been to the range a handful of times in the past year, it isn't because I'm using a crossbow, but it gets said sometimes anyways.

      Royal Round/IKACC scores are already split by type.
      Beyond that, it is my understanding that shoots are designed by the people running it. There isn't really a standard tournament format, so there is nothing stopping any given marshal from running whatever they wish. If they want to build in handicaps for the crossbow shooters or even go to totally split divisions they can already.

      Some of the combination/multi-weapon shoots proposed sound like a lot of fun as well; but I don't really think the shooting community as a whole is big enough to start trying standardize or enforce official tournament divisions based on type. If nothing else, once started where do you stop? Personally, I'd love to see more recognition of 'period' equipment and gear regardless of bow type...but that's me.

      ~Wolfgang

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

      > I totally agree it causes a major gap in the scoring and demoralizes the bow shooters at times.
      >
      > Gaelen

    • Mark Cipra
      Message 224 of 224 , Mar 9 3:16 AM

        Well, let us agree to disagree on this issue.

        Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy (Mark Cipra)

        __