Re: Combination shoot question.

  • The Greys
    Message 1 of 224 , Mar 2, 2012
      Tmas,
      My reaction to the comments about your suggestion, woosies! I've actually done a shoot like this at several champions shoots though not with all the different style bows. I simply used "unfamiliar equipment". In my case a $40 all fiberglass bow. While I fully appreciate the skill required to get to the lofty ranks of Royal Round scores I am not terribly impressed with folks who have high RR scores but shoot badly at novelty shoots. I firmly believe a GOOD archer can and should be able to pick up any bow and within a few shots hit what they are aiming at. And do so WITHOUT practice ends lasting half a day or longer. Just stop and think for a moment folks. If eating, i.e. putting food on your table, was dependent upon your skill with a bow how many shots would you get at the "food" before it ran away? And will the "food" stand exactly at 20, 30, or 40 yards? I believe it was Pappa Bear or one of his contemporaries who said "It's OK to miss the first shot, but not the second".

      I say go for it, sounds like fun and a true test of archer skill.

      cog

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Da" <tdba1@...> wrote:

      > Locally, we've been discussing having an "Ultimate Archer" station-to-station challenge: one station with a selection of longbows, a second with a selection of recurves, and a third with crossbows. If we had any, we'd like to add a fourth station of Mongolian horse bows to be shot from a mounted saddle. Any thoughts, comments, or related experience would be appreciated.
      >
      > T'mas na Ui Naill

    • Mark Cipra
      Message 224 of 224 , Mar 9, 2012

        Well, let us agree to disagree on this issue.

        Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy (Mark Cipra)

        __