Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Inter-Kingdom Guild?

  • Des & Jan Howard
    Message 1 of 131 , Mar 1, 2012
      Jon
      Apropos the Lochac Company of Archers. Here is the
      reply I got when I asked the latest member about the
      criteria for selection.
      Ranif

      Greetings Ranif
      The Lochac Company of Archers is alive and well
      There was a time where it was very quiet but by no
      means had it demised.

      The Company is always looking for worthy candidates for
      inclusion into it's ranks.
      We also accept recommendations from the populace.
      As a democratic group, we also discuss candidates
      between ourselves for suitability and we have an active
      'watch list'.

      What do we look for in a candidate ?

      Briefly, the candidate must:
      * be involved in more than one aspect of archery.
      * be well rounded
      * be knowledgeable (teaching etc)
      * have years of consistent service
      * have a body of work
      * have behaviour becoming a peer of the society
      * have the acclaim of their peers

      Further, applicants must be able to shoot well (put
      theory into practice).

      As you can see from the above, we do not concentrate on
      one form of archery. Any candidate must be active or be
      knowledgeable in as many forms (aspects) as possible
      even within the two main fields of Target and Combat
      Archery.

      I hope this is of help to you.

      In service,
      Madog Llwyd ap Madog (Llwyd) LCoA

      -32.656072 149.840624
    • Des & Jan Howard
      Message 131 of 131 , Mar 1, 2012
        Jon
        This entry from Lochac Canon Lore:
        Companionship of the Archers is granted to those who
        demonstrate high achievement and service to the Kingdom
        in archery, with high levels of chivalry, courtesy,
        courtly behaviour and accomplishment. The duties of the
        members of this Company are to promote and encourage
        their art within the Kingdom of Lochac. They are to
        advise the Earl Marshal and the Archery Marshal on, and
        do research into, all aspects of the art of missile
        weapons. Membership of the Company confers an Grant of
        Arms to the bearer, if they do not have one already,
        and ranks equal in the order of precedence as the White
        Scarf and higher in precedence than other varieties of
        grants of arms.

        On 2/03/2012 5:19 PM, John Edgerton wrote:
        > It is good to that they are alive and well and not just limited to combat archers.

        -32.656072 149.840624