Interesting Numbers

  • Jonathas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2012
      Since my last email I went back to the SCA Census results and looked at the raw data, I was looking to see (of those who responded) what the numbers where who participate in each activity.  I expected the fighters to be the biggest, followed closely by the fencers, then the archery/missile community, what I found surprised me.    Any way you cut it Archery is the largest, followed by Armored, and a distant third is Rapier.  So if archery has the bodies by 50% why is it that rapier is getting the peerage? (rhetorical question only)

      Actual numbers (rounded to the hundreds) from question 18 (on the right axes) crossed with 45 (on the top axes, but all the others are very similar):
      4300 Armor
      2500 Rapier

      6800 "Missile"
      5000 "Archery"