Re: [SCA-Archery] Champions shoot, etc.

  • Ronald Klick
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2012
      Greetings fellow archers and marshals.

      The Barony of Stonemarche has had, since its inception, a Baron and Baroness and a
      Champion for each.  A Baronial Archery Champions Tournament is held each year, run
      by the two current champions, to choose the champions for the next year. We also have
      a competition for Golden Arrow. This is open for all novice archers that have not won it
      before, and have not achieved the rank of marksman. (In the East Kingdom RR average of
      40+)   Some 8 years ago, we also began holding a competition open to archers age 14 and
      under, for Baronial Youth Archery Champion. The prize for this has been a dozen arrows
      for a youth archer (in Baronial colors, 28", spine 30lbs, 5/16"shafts, 100g field points) to
      encourage continuing in archery.  I also host a 3D shoot in Garb in July each year, at a
      Local 3D club. They enjoy having us come in each summer, and it is a lot of fun practice!

      Osmond de Berwic
      Deputy Captain of Archers, Barony of Stonemarche
      Northern Peaks Region
      East Kingdom