Re: new list

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 30, 1999
      Will the threads we were commenting on the old list carry over here or
      will they have to be restarted?

      Jon

      On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Ian Gourdon wrote:

      > From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
      >
      > Well,
      > Here we are, some of us. Suits me, as long as there's someplace to
      > listen and talk this sport over...
      > --
      > Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
      > - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
      > http://web.raex.com/~agincort

    • Ian Gourdon
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 30, 1999
        Most likely the Threads as such, will nedd to be created anew. New
        server, new database...
        Ian

        John Edgerton wrote:

        > From: John Edgerton <sirjon@...>
        >
        > Will the threads we were commenting on the old list carry over here or
        > will they have to be restarted?
        >
        > Jon
        >
        > On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Ian Gourdon wrote:
        >
        > > From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
        > >
        > > Well,
        > > Here we are, some of us. Suits me, as long as there's someplace to
        > > listen and talk this sport over...
        > > --
        > > Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
        > > - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
        > > http://web.raex.com/~agincort

        > ONElist users: YOU can win a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
        > Check out the FRIENDS & FAMILY program to find out how.
        > For details, go to http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

        Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
        - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
        http://web.raex.com/~agincort
      • DarkKnight
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 30, 1999
          Does anyone have Yakov's email addy? I need to contact him.

          Ragnar
        • F J Villafranca III
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 30, 1999
            Greetings to all,
            I would hope the new list would be viewed as a "new start" for all
            parties subscribing, and hopefully - "Can't we all just get along ? (no
            negative and / or ridicule intended to anyone).

            Preserving the Archers Dream,

            Eshtban il Andalus
            Shire of Tre' Lac
            Kingdom of Ansteorra

            John Edgerton wrote:

            > From: John Edgerton <sirjon@...>
            >
            > Will the threads we were commenting on the old list carry over here or
            > will they have to be restarted?
            >
            > Jon
            >
            > On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Ian Gourdon wrote:
            >
            > > From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
            > >
            > > Well,
            > > Here we are, some of us. Suits me, as long as there's someplace to
            > > listen and talk this sport over...
            > > --
            > > Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
            > > - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
            > > http://web.raex.com/~agincort

            > ONElist users: YOU can win a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
            > Check out the FRIENDS & FAMILY program to find out how.
            > For details, go to http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

          • Guy Taylor
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 30, 1999
              Personally, at least for awhile, I'm going to shut the hell up and just
              shoot arrows.

              Taillear
            • Ian Gourdon
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 30, 1999
                Well, sure.
                Shooting comes first, at least for me. I shoot a modern 45# recurve, a
                35# longbow, and just now aquired a 125# crossbow, which was made by
                Patric McPhelan. Nice late period style with a rolling nut. It's hard to
                do them all justice when the archery range is 30 minutes away, and they
                don't allow crossbows. So, Monday night we went to the Eastwatch (NE
                Ohio) practice, an hour away. At least I got the crossbow warmed up a
                little. The shutting up part is a little harder, for me: I felt it
                likely that the poor lass who made the 'break-the-camels-back' comment
                had no idea who she was speaking to, whatsoever. I had been on the list
                for some months before the 'penny dropped' for me.
                Ian Gourdon

                Guy Taylor wrote:

                > From: "Guy Taylor" <greytaylor@...>
                >
                > Personally, at least for awhile, I'm going to shut the hell up and just
                > shoot arrows.
                >
                > Taillear

                > You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
                > Drawing is held each week through August 20. For details, go to
                > http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

                Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
                - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
                http://web.raex.com/~agincort
              • Deann E. Allen
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 30, 1999
                  Ian Gourdon wrote:

                  > From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
                  [snip]
                  > I felt it likely that the poor lass who made the
                  > 'break-the-camels-back' comment had no idea who she was
                  > speaking to, whatsoever. I had been on the list
                  > for some months before the 'penny dropped' for me.

                  In all my experience on lists and on the old BBS's, only one
                  person -- the moderator -- *ever* has any right to suggest that
                  a participant go elsewhere.

                  D.
                • D Humberson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 2, 1999
                    Ian,

                    If you live reasonably close to Pittsburgh, email me privately - we're doing
                    4 practices a week while the light holds.

                    Ragnar Ketilsson

                    >From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
                    >To: SCA-Archery@onelist.com
                    >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] new list
                    >Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:36:02 -0400
                    >
                    >From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
                    >
                    >Well, sure.
                    >Shooting comes first, at least for me. I shoot a modern 45# recurve, a
                    >35# longbow, and just now aquired a 125# crossbow, which was made by
                    >Patric McPhelan. Nice late period style with a rolling nut. It's hard to
                    >do them all justice when the archery range is 30 minutes away, and they
                    >don't allow crossbows. So, Monday night we went to the Eastwatch (NE
                    >Ohio) practice, an hour away. At least I got the crossbow warmed up a
                    >little. The shutting up part is a little harder, for me: I felt it
                    >likely that the poor lass who made the 'break-the-camels-back' comment
                    >had no idea who she was speaking to, whatsoever. I had been on the list
                    >for some months before the 'penny dropped' for me.
                    >Ian Gourdon
                    >
                    >Guy Taylor wrote:
                    > >
                    > > From: "Guy Taylor" <greytaylor@...>
                    > >
                    > > Personally, at least for awhile, I'm going to shut the hell up and just
                    > > shoot arrows.
                    > >
                    > > Taillear

                    > > You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
                    > > Drawing is held each week through August 20. For details, go to
                    > > http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

                    > > of Barony Beyond the Mountain, East Kingdom
                    >
                    >--
                    >Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
                    >- Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
                    >http://web.raex.com/~agincort

                    >How do you enter ONElist�s WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
                    >By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program. For details, go to
                    >http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

                  • Robert Skidmore
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 2, 1999
                      sorry guys.. I need the information on how to resubscribe to the combat
                      archery list... thanks... thunder storms are a bugger.... Robert

                      ----------

                    • Bob & Nancy Upson
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 3, 1999
                        > sorry guys.. I need the information on how to resubscribe to the combat
                        > archery list... thanks... thunder storms are a bugger.... Robert

                        Either by visiting http://onelist.com/subscribe/sca-
                        missilecombat.html or by sending a blank email to sca-
                        missilecombat-subscribe@onelist.com

                        Macsen
                      • Kevin
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 11, 2013