Inter-Kingdom Guild?

  • Gryfyn de Moyon
    Message 1 of 131 , Feb 22, 2012

      Good gentles and friends all,

      Someone on here mentioned the idea of an Interkingdom Guild for Archery and I have not been able to stop thinking about the possibilities of it.  I honestly think one of the reasons that the rapier community has been able to move itself ahead is the unity of the White Scarf.  While only 12 of 19 Kingdoms take part in the WS, I think it placed the community in a unified mindset to be able to meet its goals.  While this is not an option for the archery community, as awards are widely variant across the Knowne World, I do think a guild which the common goal and starting point of promoting archery in the Society would be extremely helpful.  Hopefully such a group could work together to meet such goals and work to assist individual Kingdoms meeting the goal of advancing archery in their Kingdoms.  I would like to start by proposing the name "Inter-Kingdom Guild of Archers and Bowman.)

      What does everyone think?

      In the service of archery,
      Baron Gryfyn de Moyon
      Peregrine Springs, Darkwater, Trimaris

    • Des & Jan Howard
      Message 131 of 131 , Mar 1 10:28 PM
        This entry from Lochac Canon Lore:
        Companionship of the Archers is granted to those who
        demonstrate high achievement and service to the Kingdom
        in archery, with high levels of chivalry, courtesy,
        courtly behaviour and accomplishment. The duties of the
        members of this Company are to promote and encourage
        their art within the Kingdom of Lochac. They are to
        advise the Earl Marshal and the Archery Marshal on, and
        do research into, all aspects of the art of missile
        weapons. Membership of the Company confers an Grant of
        Arms to the bearer, if they do not have one already,
        and ranks equal in the order of precedence as the White
        Scarf and higher in precedence than other varieties of
        grants of arms.

        On 2/03/2012 5:19 PM, John Edgerton wrote:
        > It is good to that they are alive and well and not just limited to combat archers.

        -32.656072 149.840624