Arrow Raffle for a Good Cause

  • Guy Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2012

      Many readers of this list probably know we lost one of our own recently. Njall Olaf Hagerson, MKA Scott Jaqua passed away on January 6. Njall was one of the first people I met at an SCA event so many years ago. In addition to his many other accomplishments he had a long and honorable presence on the archery field and shared freely of his knowledge and time.

      In an effort to assist Njall’s dear Lady, Allesaundra, I am offering a raffle for one dozen custom arrows. Chances are $5 each and 100% of the money gathered will be sent to Allesaundra.

      If the winner of the raffle is in the lower 48 states I shall pay for shipping of the arrows. If the winner is in Hawaii, Alaska, or a country other than the USA I ask that they help with half of the shipping charges and be responsible for any customs duties.

      The dozen arrows will be made to the winner’s specifications and they will be ready to shoot when received. Open season on the arrow artwork, if I can do it I will. If you are not familiar with the arrows I make I encourage you to look at both my website http://www.greenmanarchery.com/index.html and my blog http://greenmanarchery.blogspot.com/. Pictures of some of my past work are available on each.

      I will be happy to take entries to this raffle by PayPal, money order, or check. For more details or to arrange to send me an entry, please contact me off list at guy.taylor@.... Individuals are encouraged to enter as many times as they wish. The raffle will be open until a few minutes before closing court at the Queen’s Champion Archery and Thrown Weapons and Barony of the Angels Robin Hood Tourney on February 26 of this year at the Woodley Park archery range in Van Nuys, CA. With the permission of the event autocrats, the drawing will be held at closing court. Of course, the winner need not be present.

      Legal disclaimer:

      Please note that this is a privately organized raffle and is not sponsored or endorsed by any SCA group or authority.

      Thank you for your time,  Guy

      The new Greenman Archery website