An interesting find

  • Luigi Kapaj
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2012
      I was researching something entirely unrelated and stumbled across this
      interesting find:

      "The Replacement of the Composite Reflex Bow by Firearms in the Muscovite
      Cavalry"
      By Donald Ostrowski
      http://hudce7.harvard.edu/~ostrowski/mm/11.3.ostrowski.pdf

      An interesting discussion about the effectiveness of English longbows and
      Asiatic composites, and a comparison with firearms. (and crossbows at one
      point) The few sources of have checked independently in this and other work
      by the author are highly accurate.

      Puppy
    • okami49
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2012
        Thanks for the link! A very interesting article, especially some of the possible distances.

        -Eógan
        Archery Captain, Shire of Mynydd Seren
        http://www.wix.com/rangersofmynyddseren/archery