Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Draw Weights?

  • Taslen
    Message 1 of 67 , Jan 3, 2012
      ty I just had to ask my daughter the horsey person in the family

      From: Taslen <taslen2000@...>
      To: "SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com" <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 6:22 AM

      For those of us who don't know what is the "poll"? And it does seem like a unlikely occurance. Als can't the "poll" be protected? Sorry just woke up.

      Gaelen
      (Snip) As I think about the considerations, I am struggling to see how you could realistically shoot your horse in the head. Not impossible, but you would have to have such a unique combination of incredibly rare circumstances all come together in the perfect, one-in-10-billion-or-so situations that I am not sure what we are accomplishing. You have much higher odds of dying in a car crash or plane crash than you do of shooting your horse in the head. And no one thinks we should get quit riding in cars and planes. cheers, Terafan
      Something to remember it takes 5# of force to kill a horse at the poll
      Damales
    • Taslen