Better War Through Archery update

  • Cleve Johnson
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 25, 2011
      February 4th is soon approaching!  This year, we will have novelty shooting and period style targets!  We will have both individual and team competition!  Teams will consist of four people (mixed genders are fine) with either four bow shooters or three shooters and one crossbow shooter.  Please see the schedule below.

      Better War is the same weekend as the Super Bowl, which is held in Indianapolis, IN this year; however, the event site will have overnight crash space available for $10.00 Saturday night after the event.  We welcome archers from the Midrealm and other kingdoms!

      Lord Eadric of Grenfeld, Archery Captain for the Barony of Sternfeld and MiC

      Cleve Johnson

      "Archers make people quiver"

      9:15 Range Opens

      9:15 – 10:00 Equipment Inspections and Open Shooting

      10:00 – 11:30 Individual Competition

      11:30 – 11:45 Youth Competition (17 and younger)

      11:45 – 12:15 Sternfeld Baronial Archery Championship (Duchess Elina of Beckenham)

      12:15 – 1:00 Archery Range closed for lunch (and Marshal Meeting if desired)

      1:00 – 1:15 Open Shooting

      1:15 – 3:45 Team Competition/The Seven Challenges

      3:45 – 4:15 Open Shooting (if time permits)

      4:15 Range closes

      *NOTE:  Times are approximate

    • Taslen
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 26, 2011
        Cleve,

        Any news on classes??

        Gaelen

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 26, 2011
          I'm thinking about doing one of my "BEHIND THE STRING" classes. I've been doing a lot of them here in Fenix. Maybe I could do a quick one for new archers on having your head in the right place when you're on the line.

          In service,
          Dearg.
          >>------>

          Lord Úlfr Rauðskeggr (Dearg) AOA CSO
          (Yule-fur Rowth-skegg-er) "Wolf Red beard"
          11th century Gall Gaidhel [gall guy-yell]
          a.k.a. "Irish Northman"
          Target Archery Marshal.
          Current Fenix Baronial A&S Champion.
          The award of the Risen Fenix for service in archery.
          Leather work, Archery, Period Hunting
          The Barony of Fenix
          Paid SCA member since 2003

          When you stop challenging yourself, that's as good as you'll ever be.

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 26, 2011
            I don't have any information on classes, but you can contact the autocrat, especially if you would like to hold one.

            Autocrat

            Waldetrudis von Metten
            (Kimetha Loidolt)
            173 West Jo Jo Ln
            Nineveh, IN 46164
            kloidolt@...
            (317) 985-8921 (mobile)

            Eadric

            Cleve Johnson

            "Archers make people quiver"

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 27, 2011
              I'll help with the marshal's meeting if we have one.

              Gaelen

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 27, 2011
                I think that would be awesome!

                Gaelen O'Gradaigh
                Gaelen O'Grady
                Midrealm archery marshal of the field

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 27, 2011
                  I really hope we do, even if it's just a small one.

                  In service,
                  Dearg.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 27, 2011
                    I've sent a request to hold a class.